Monday, April 9, 2012

I'm walkin', yes indeed and I'm talkin'...


Three miles closer to SF! Yippee! Kenny and I took a 3 mile walk today which included the hill from hell (pant), and a hike through Raddin Park. We walked against the raging wind (well, kinda raging), until we got to the woods where the trees blocked some of it. I didn't care if it was raining out, I was walking, no matter what.
I'm not too concerned about my time, I'm just trying to build a base right now. Once I have it down I'll begin looking for walker-friendly races to train for and work my up to a marathon. I can't just walk, to walk. I need a goal. When I was a runner I couldn't just run, I needed a goal. 5k, 10k, anything.
So, here's to creating my base. I figure it'll take me a good three months at the rate I'm going. Walking is out of the question for tomorrow, unless I go to the health club at 10pm. Not. When I'm away this week-end, I'll get up early and use the treadmill - maybe even go for a swim! I'll let ya know.

Miles remaining: 3,103

,

No comments:

Post a Comment