Thursday, September 27, 2012

The day before yesterday I walked three miles with Kenny.  We had a great walk, some good talk and a few laughs.  Today, however, was a different story.  I walked four fast miles and really worked up a sweat.  Tomorrow I'll have an easy day of two miles after I arrive in Dennis.  I don't care what it's doing out.  I'm bound and determined to do a 12 minute mile, because...

                                   I've registered for the Portland, Oregon Marathon!! 

That's right, I'm going to travel 3000 miles to walk 26.2 in one the most walker-friendly marathons in the country.  Lots of bling, great medals, great shirts, food and music!  I'll book my hotel over the week-end when I have some free time to check them out.  So, I'm building my base now and will begin the true training in May of 2013.  If Lisa can get the time off from her job, she'll do it with me!!

Miles remaining: 2985


1 comment: