Monday, October 8, 2012

Yesterday's walk.

I didn't want to go for a walk yesterday.  In fact, I haven't wanted to go for a walk for about a week.  But, because Kenny and I ate french fries, he talked me into it.  THANK you, Kenny.  THANK you!  We had planned to walk two miles, just to say we did something, but at the one mile mark we decided to keep going.  By the time we got to the next half mile mark I didn't want to stop!  I couldn't convince Kenny to keep going though.  Evidently, my coaxing skills are not up-to-par, I'll have to work on that.

I was so motivated by our invigorating walk that I logged on to the Portland Marathon results and that's when the magic happened.  Gloria Hatfield, from Orlando, FL, finished the Half Marathon Racewalk in 3:21:55.  She's 67 years old!  Be still my heart.  I can DO this!

I happened upon a great quote from the Runner's World site today that I'd like to share.  Oh, by the way, I'll be framing it and keeping it in my face for the rest of my life.

     "No matter our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and
       new beauty waiting to be born."   Dale Turner

And that, my friends, is how I'll do it.

~ Dianne

Miles remaining:   2982

2 comments:

  1. LOVE that quote :) It's amazing how hard it is to get out the door sometimes, but once you're out there......there's usually no stopping you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. Today I didn't even think twice - just laced up the shoes and went out the front door. Check!

      Delete